Verifone Will No Longer Support “PC Charge”or “Payware PC”
PC Charge has reached its end of life.
On April 6th, 2015, Verifone announced to their partners that they will halt development, sales, and support of their computer-based credit card processing solution PC Charge and Payware PC in stages, beginning immediately and culminating in the coming months. The mailer sent by Verifone cites the changing payments and security landscapes as some of the reasons for the announcement, as well as their commitment to working on other, more up-to-date payment processing solutions.
Reading between the lines of these statements, company’s payment processing solutions were only installed on clients’ local servers to process credit card and store information on-site. Verifone rightfully terminated further sale and servicing of the solutions as the new PCI guidelines prohibit storage of customers card data on clients’ systems.
Century Business Solutions’ proprietary payment gateway, EBizCharge, is a cloud-based payment processing solution that uses encryption and tokenization technology to securely save sensitive card information off-site in order to reduce merchants’ PCI scope. Our solution functions the same way as Verifone’s solution but it is far more secure, PCI compliant and offers plugins and add-ons for various ERP/Accounting systems to improve accounting workflows, reduce your payment processing costs, and more importantly eliminate the risk of data breaches and reputation losses.
What Are Your Replacement Options?
If you are a “PC Charge” or “Payware PC” user, this means you will no longer receive upgrades or support for your product. As well, your system will remain PCI non-compliant.
EBizCharge is a PCI Compliant, Tokenized Alternative
As “PC Charge” and “Payware PC” come to an end, current clients will need an alternative to process credit cards with their computers. EBizCharge, Century’s payment gateway, can plug into a variety of ERP systems in a way that eliminates all liability from merchants using it in the unlikely event of a data breach.
Features of EBizCharge Payment Gateway:
- Processes all card types securely via desktops, mobile devices, and payment terminals
- Plugs into a variety of programs just like PCCharge, such as Exact Macola and MAS 90/MAS 200 (Sage 100) – as well as other programs like Sage 500, QuickBooks, SAP Business One, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and many others.
- Compatible with Sage ERP (MAS 90, MAS 200) versions 4.05, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3
- PCI Compliant, as credit card numbers are stored offsite on multiple, secure servers – never on your own server.
- Data Encryption & Tokenization, adding layers of security to your customers’ credit card information.
- Unlimited batch history
- Customizable reporting with 45+ search criteria
- Mobile App for mobile transactions
- Next day funding
- Flat rate options
- FREE in-house support and charge-back services
Learn More About the Benefits of EBizCharge
With Verfione end of life, PCCharge and Payware PC software become obsolete with so many security holes that can impose a great risk to your data. Now you’ll need a solution that can support your business’s credit card processing and protect your most valuable assets: customers information.
Watch a Short Video About EBizCharge Payment Gateway
Find out how EBizCharge can help your business with PC Charge end of life. Feel free to call us at 1-888-500-7798 or request for a free quote and we’ll show you a live walk-through of our EBizCharge payment gateway as a standalone product or in conjunction with the ERP program of your choice.