When you think about your business as it pertains to Zoho, how many bottlenecks do you have in your overall process? How could you get rid of those? You can probably think of a couple of ways. You might imagine deploying better CRM workflow rules, maybe implementing an intra-office communication tool like Slack. Maybe hiring another body to offload extra work.
Chances are, you probably don’t consider changing your payment acceptance process. Your method of taking payments for goods or services is likely so fundamental to your business, no one dares question it—in fact, no one even thinks to. It’s as regular as breathing.
But truthfully, the way you choose to accept electronic payments—especially if you use Zoho CRM—probably stands to be improved in some regard, even if it means changing where and when those payments are processed entirely.
What is Zoho credit card processing?
Before we launch into a long explanation of the benefits of something, it’s good to define our terms. Ordinary credit card processing usually involves credit card information changing hands at least once at your company—say, from sales to accounting. If you accept a good number of payments per day, this can take a long time. In fact, it’s not uncommon for staff to stay after hours manually entering all required payment information into your accounting system.
Conversely, Zoho credit card processing means processing a credit card transaction inside Zoho immediately upon receipt of payment details. This processing can take place in a number of Zoho apps—like Zoho Books, for example. Chances are, if you’re reading this post, you already know you can take payments inside Zoho Books—so, we’re not going to focus on that. Instead, we’ll focus on taking payments inside Zoho CRM.
Would Zoho credit card processing help you?
To see if changing your payment procedures would help your business, consider these questions:
- Do your salespeople take your customers’ payment information over the phone?
- Do those same salespeople need access to your accounting system in order to process those payments?
- Does your accounting staff need to collect that payment information from your sales reps in order to process payments?
The test is pretty simple: if you answered yes to any of those three questions, Zoho credit card processing would help you by giving your sales team a way to process credit card transactions directly inside Zoho. That means:
- No more transmitting information manually and insecurely to an accounting team for later entry.
- No more staying late to input payment details.
- You may even be able to reduce the number of licenses you need on your accounting system of choice.
The safety of using Zoho to process electronic payments
Whenever transmitting payment details enters the discussion, one of the first things on everyone’s mind is payment security and data breaches. No one wants to be the next Target, Home Depot, or Equifax. With security in mind, the Zoho credit card integration actually increases payment security in these ways:
- Decreases the number of touchpoints for payment details: The Zoho payment integration processes transactions immediately upon entry, so no one needs to re-enter data at the end of the day. The fewer people who have access to a piece of information, the less likely that information is to be leaked or compromised in some way.
- Eliminates any paper trail: Sure, copying someone’s credit card info onto a piece of paper—or, worse yet, entering it into your CRM in plain text for all the world to see—might seem relatively innocuous, but those are some of the easiest ways to leak sensitive information. The Zoho integration for credit card payments cleans this up completely and helps save the environment a bit, too. Just think—no more paper invoices.
- Stores all payment details in the cloud, not on your own server: Before cloud systems became the norm, it was popular to store physical credit card details on a server housed on-site. Storing card details on-site not only means that criminals can more easily pinpoint the physical location of your sensitive information by knowing where you do business, but also means that if they successfully break into that server, your business is liable for all of the stolen information. The Zoho-integrated payment processing plugin stores all payment details off-site, in the cloud, which means the server’s exact location is much harder to pinpoint. It also means you aren’t liable at all in the event of a data breach.
- Employs tokenization to obfuscate card details: Of course it’s more secure to eliminate touchpoints, physical paper, and on-site server storage from your payment processes, but what happens if someone actually cracks your system? When we say the integration employs tokenization, that means the payment processing system uses a type of code to hide true card details. This means would-be hackers, upon breaking into a server, are left with nothing but an unusable string of characters in place of actual credit card info. This code changes frequently and automatically, so deciphering it is essentially impossible.
Who helps with related Zoho consulting?
While changing your method of accepting credit card payments may save a good deal of time and effort for your sales and accounting teams, it’s not always the only thing Zoho users need help with. In fact, outdated payment acceptance procedures can sometimes indicate other opportunities for optimization, and these improvements are easy to employ.
Century Business Solutions developed the Zoho payment processing integration in tandem with ZBrains, a Zoho Premium Partner. ZBrains offers Zoho consulting services to any business using Zoho, but pays special attention to companies also using Century Business Solutions as their merchant services provider—because good partnerships are so valuable.
Is the juice worth the squeeze?
We certainly think so, but the choice is yours to make. Century’s credit card integration is completely complimentary and plugs directly into Zoho CRM. It comes standard with all the latest in security and helps to save time and overhead in both sales and accounting departments every day. It can even give you a little more peace of mind knowing your business is better protected against data breaches.
Contact Century Business Solutions to learn more about the Zoho CRM credit card integration and any other related merchant services. And contact ZBrains to see how well your Zoho system could run with some consulting and optimization.